Tuesday, July 20, 2010

you love who you serve . . .

Yesterday, Ka'imi had her 4 month check up - she is just average for head and height, but in the 75th for weight.  Still my biggest baby so far.  She has also been different than the boys in that the immunization shots seem to bother her more.  Not only do her legs get sore (and she cries whenever I bump or move them), but she gets some pretty mean fevers. Last night she was burning up.  At 3:00 I went down stairs to get the Tylenol (why can't I ever find it when I need it? ). I gave it to her, though she coughed up most of it because of the cold she also has.  I sat there on the bed with her.  I felt so bad for her. She had the fever, sore legs, congestion and her first diaper rash.  I just smiled at her and stroked her head hoping she'd feel my love.  She just laid there looking back at me.  I had a thought. One day, this little girl will be the one taking care of me.  It made me that much more grateful for family relationships.
I am enjoying every moment of being the mother of this little girl and my three boys.  Some days I wonder if it'll ever end, but most days I feel like I could keep it like this forever.  Happily, happily, forever is a part of what our family will be : )

1 comment:

Jess said...

Awww, poor baby! And poor you!! The things we go through as mothers makes me really think about what Mom went through. I also go back and forth in thinking, I want this stage to be over with but I quickly change my mind when I think about how sad it'll be when our kids are not young anymore, Time is really flying!