Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Ikaika!

 Today was my sweet Ikaika's birthday : )

 
 He requested a carrot cake.  Though it was not decorated more than some sprinkles, it was super yummy.
 

And my big surprise for the day - homemade Angry Bird toys :)  We will be using them on Saturday for the party he is having.  I stayed up late working on them so he wouldn't know about it.  I think it was a good sign, when he took them up to bed with him at bedtime.  He loved them and I felt like super mom : )
We also took him to get frozen yogurt ( I forgot to take a picture there), and made him his favorite dinner - Char Su. We look forward to the official party on Saturday with his cousin Kaipo (who is turning 3 in a couple weeks).  I love drawn out celebrations - a day goes by way to fast : )

3 comments:

Canadian Princess said...

Wow, good for you making those! Looks tedious and I'd definitely gives you some super mom points;). Hope the party went well yesterday!

Anonymous said...

You're such a good good mommy Michele! The fact that you never let anything stop you from making your kids happy and finding ways to save and make things more meaningful and sentimental is a huge praise in itself. Thanks a lot for the birds you made Kaipo as well. I need to catch up on my blog.
BTW, what a handsome birthday boy! :)

Anonymous said...

I just now caught up on your blog so look out for comments. :)