It's taken another birthday to get me going on this blog again.
Ikaika's birthday :)
We have really developed a tradition that if the child's actual birthday does not fall on a Saturday then they really get two celebrations. They always get to pick their favorite meal for the actual birthday and then we do a meal according to the birthday theme on the day of the party.
So tonight, for three or four years running, we had charsu chicken and rice. Ikaika calls it pink chicken and rice. It turned out super delicious. And then we had strawberry shortcake per his request. I have yet to feel like I have broken my curse for making non-extraordinary cakes. There seems to always be something wrong with them. oh well.
For his special day, I made french toast for breakfast. We stayed around the house for the morning, getting ready, cleaning and making the cake.
For lunch we went to a park for a picnic. Ikaika loves having picnics. Then it was off to the pool in Celeste's backyard. It really is a great option since the older boys can stand up fine and still "swim"around. Plus, we can save money and I don't have to worry about tons of people and kids staring at my arm. So, it was a winner and the kids had a blast.
Then it was time to come home and have dinner and cake. Kyle finished his day with one of his famous stories. I was busy putting Akoni to sleep. I wish I could have down by him while he fell asleep. I am really sad about missing that.
I am so grateful to have Ikaika as my son. He has such a tender heart and I can see just how strong his spirit is and of his innate desire to do good and follow the Savior. I love him so dearly. I am so grateful to be his mother. And now begins the wonderful year of 7, preparing for his 8th birthday and baptism. How wonderful life is.
No comments:
Post a Comment