It was a big day, well anticipated by the two older boys for weeks now. The first day of school. Kekoa started 1st Grade, his first experience with all day school and Ikaika started preschool. Kekoa did great, caught the bus with such excitement, he forgot to say goodbye to me. After school, the first thing he said was, "I'm exhausted." Good. Hard work is good for the soul :)
Ikaika's experience was a different story - he froze up and clung to me like I was trying to push him off a cliff. I ended up staying with him the entire time. Thankfully, by the end he warmed up and said that he'd stay tomorrow on his own.
It has been a long summer, way less productive than I'd ever hoped it would be (due to my being so sick with the pregnancy), and I look forward to routine and the boys getting their minds going.
I'll be doing a simplified version of Joy School for Sepa to help him not feel left out from the whole school experience. I look forward to spending some one-on-one time with him.
So, early in the morning before the bus came, we all went out side and I took some pictures of the kids to remember today. Here are my darlings: )
The two school boys of the day : )


1 comment:
Such CUTE kids! I especially like Koa's smile. :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment