After a lovely lesson in Relief Society this past Sunday about the importance of family history and doing your own personal history, I have recommitted to get back to my blog. I also want to just get back to my journal where I can write things I wouldn't put here. I am so grateful for the season of life in which I live, I want to remember it i the years to come.
So, to finally follow-up with my post on the 5 monkeys - yes, I am expecting number 5 and couldn't be more thrilled. It has been a rough summer with All-Day Sickness (why is it called Morning Sickness anyway?) But it is finally subsiding and just in time - the kids are back at school and I need to be a mom that does more than lie on the couch ready to throw-up. Baby comes in February and we will find out in a couple weeks what gender it is. So exciting :)
I actually wanted to post a lot earlier my announcement, but being in front of my computer, especially at night, is agony and seems to heighten my feeling of being sick. I always wonder why I wait so long to announce my pregnancy, when if people only knew, maybe I could get more help when I actually need it. In the height of my sickness I felt like I sure could have used a visit from some angel who would help me cook or clean, 100 times more than after having the baby. I usually feel pretty good after baby comes. It is these first few months when I am non-functional and desperate. Oh well - it's past for the most part and we are on to the next phase. (Oh, for the record, my angel sister was here in Utah County for part of the summer and helped me so much with cleaning my house and taking care of my kids - a god-send in every way. And my dear friend Sarah brought me dinner - made me want to throw up - as all food did - but my kids loved it.)
So, I have many posts to catch up on that I will fill in with the appropriate dates. So, look for those.
And here's to getting back to doing my little Reyes Family History :)
2 comments:
Hi Michele! I check your blog often to see if you've updated. I was just about to make a comment and say "I'm waaaiting!" :) Anyway, glad you are feeling a bit better. Miss you guys! I need to give you a call, just to say hello! :) Sorry, I never call you.
Ok that made me laugh about my dinner making you want to throw up. I'm glad you noted the kids loved it.
And that's so true about needing more help now than after baby is born. I can't quite figure out why women have to have morning (all day) sickness when we need to be looking after kids...it really makes no sense.
And I likes the 5 little monkey's teaser...very cute!
Post a Comment