Tonight, while I was working on editing pictures I received an email informing me that my father, Michail, had passed away. It was from the woman he was married to and had a daughter with. She was very kind in her email. I have never met my father and it was only when I was a sophomore in college did I begin communication with him through email. English was only one of many languages he spoke and so it was at times hard to communicate with him. We wrote back and forth a bit, and he always wanted my brother and I to visit him in Mongolia. I always felt like I was too afraid to try. For I wouldn't dare take my kids and I wouldn't dare leave my kids. It was an interesting feeling, recieving the news. Sadness because I knew I would never met him in this life, but also confusion and disconnect for not having known him very much at all. There was a silver lining in it all - I finally connected with his wife and daughter, Ainana. I was touched that she (my sister) cared to know me and kept the few photographs I had mailed my father of me. I hope that we can get to know each other, though it will be difficult as she does not know english and will have to communicate through her mother. She is in her late teens, but here is a photograph I found of her as a young girl.
And here is a photo my dad sent Kyle in an email a few months ago.
Times like these always help me to reflect on and appreciate the plan of salvation. I am grateful for what I have been taught and found testimony of. I am eternally grateful for the Savior. I am grateful for my family and the way the gospel has and will bring us happiness.



3 comments:
Sorry to hear he passed away before you could get to know him better. You always have such a good perspective on things!
Nice post. :) His daughter looks cute. :) And I love his outfit. Do you have any photos of him when he was younger?
Sorry to hear about your dad Michele, but neat to now be connected to a new sister;). Technology sure is amazing isn't it.
Post a Comment