
Yesterday, we decided to take the boys to the Draper temple open-house. I had been wanting to take them since we missed the day our ward went together (Kyle was at class and there was no way I was going to take all three boys by myself). I felt strongly that it was a teaching opportunity I would regret passing up. So we got the boys ready and headed up. Kekoa and Ikaika were both excited when we told them we were going to go see the temple. I was especially excited for Kekoa, who has begun to understand a little about the significance of the temple. I taught him long ago that the temple is where we go to be married, that mommy and daddy were married in the temple. I soon had to extend that teaching when one day I told Kekoa I was going to the temple and he said, "Mom, are you going to get married!?" I told him no, that already married Daddy, but was going there to learn more about Jesus. This explanation has stuck with him. When we went to the Snowflake temple a week ago he told his cousins that their moms and dads were all going to the temple to learn more about Jesus. I am excited to continue teaching him more as he grows older.I thought that a visual of being in the temple would be powerful to him, and the open-house was a perfect opportunity.
It was quite the event with parking, waiting, and being bussed there, but it all worked out fine. Kekoa would say, "Mom, this is so amazing!" They especially loved the baptismal font, but what kid wouldn't like something that looked like a miniature pool : )
I loved being in the sealing room together. I loved looking at my sweet boys in the mirrors. I only wish I had thought to stand all together at once and look at each other as a family. Next open house I guess : ) I love the temple and am so thankful we had a chance to show our boys the beauty of the House of the Lord.
~m

side note: today is 9 years since I entered the MTC. Crazy.

1 comment:
The Draper temple is beautiful! That's so great that you got to take the boys. It was so cute when Kekoa assured Kono that I went to the temple to learn more about Jesus when we all went.
Post a Comment