
I am almost halfway done with my rug - I'll post a picture when I get to that point. I enjoy working on it in the middle of the day when the light pours in from our front window. But that also means the boys are up and round about me. Throughout the day we are always in the same room together. I sometimes feel like a mother hen who's chick are right beneath her at all times. So when I sit down to work on my rug, I am always sure to have my little helpers right there. It makes for slow progress, but I try to remember that the whole reason I decided to learn weaving is to pass this art and part of culture down to my children. I hope these early memories of mommy and her rug will inspire them to learn one day as well (FYI: it is quite alright for males to weave in the Navajo culture ). Anyway, I wish I could have gotten a picture of what these times really look like (me in the middle with the boys all around me), but there was no one else to take the picture. Don't they look so cute. Oh, and Sepa is not in the picture, but I dare say he tries to help me more than anyone : )
3 comments:
Michele,
I love reading your blog. You have such a sweet disposition and you are uplifting when you talk about motherhood. You inspire me to be a good mom too.
Thanks for sharing this post. You are such a fantastic mommy!
I just barely saw your message. I assume you are already home. Sorry we missed you...maybe next time. =)
Post a Comment