Saturday, January 2, 2010

Re-connecting

Tonight we had dinner with the man who baptized my step-father, Joel. It was a random facebook message I got a few weeks ago asking me if Joel was my father that got us in touch with Brother Lybbert. My step-father passed away nearly 6 years ago from cancer. He was really the only father I knew growing up. For whatever reasons I never really knew about his conversion to the church. It was neat to meet the man who taught him the gospel and baptized him. Brother Lybbert sent our family this picture he found of Joel on the day he was baptized, July 4, 1976.


I was especially happy to have my mom, brother Jared and sister Jessica in town for the holidays so they could meet him as well. It was an enjoyable meeting making connections and realizing it really is a small world.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Great post. I wanted to do a post like this as well. I acutally wanted to do it on Friday the 15th, is D.O.D. I still want to but I am frustrated with my scanner.