Yesterday, we did the spinal tap - though it ended up being unsedated. In the end, I was glad it worked out that way. We have a great physician that has explained things so well and has helped us feel comfortable along the way.
This morning we prepared her for surgery. All went well - each doctor we met (the ophthalmologist and the anesthesiologist) left us feeling like we were putting our princess in good hands. The surgery went very well - we only had to wait a little extra long for her to wake up.
As soon as we saw her, we saw the huge improvement. And even a few hours later she almost looked completely back to her old self. It is so wonderful to see her looking better.
The doctor put a new IV on when she was sedated so she will not have to go through any more torture pokes. That alone makes me feel so relieved and happy.
Both doctors have told me that if the other is okay with it we should be able to go home tomorrow. I have decided that anywhere my babies are healthy is the happiest place on earth.
9 comments:
SOOOOOO glad she's doing better and that the surgery went well! Thanks for th update Michele.
oh I'm so happy to hear that Michele... so glad things went so well today.
I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. I can only imagine how you must feel right now! Your family is in our prayers.
you are so strong to have gone through that.
It's good to hear things are looking up. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I know you have siblings around, but since we are so close, let me know if I can take the boys so you and baby can sleep! 801-787-2047.
Oh I am SO glad to hear she's doing better!!
Wow! What a terrible thing to see your child go through at such a young age. I must admit, it only gets barely easier to see them suffer as they get a little older. I really feel for you and hope that all of your prayers are answered and that she is well underway to recovery.
Oh my goodness. That sounded awful. I am so glad she is herself again after all of the sad poking and prodding. Nick and I will keep you in our prayers!
Aww I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that. But I'm so glad to hear that she's better now and everything can go back to normal.
My heart so totally goes out to you guys with all this. There's nothing more awful or heart wrenching than your babies to have pain, but then having to make it worse before it gets better! Oh! It hurts! I'm soooo thankful for you guys that she's okay and we'll continue to pray she stay healthy and well. Good job staying strong, Mommy! Phew!
Post a Comment