Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Conference Weekend

This picture was taken a few months ago when Kyle and I attended an event for American Indian Services.  It was neat to meet Elder Uchtdorf, though I will have to confess I didn't fully embrace the moment. I had just gotten off the phone with my mom and heard Ka'imi screaming in the background.  It wasn't too long after she was in the hospital, so I was anxious to get home to take care of her. But I was glad someone took a picture for us to remember.  To the right of Kyle is President Holland (Kyle' boss).  The only thing I remember Elder Uchtdorf saying to us was, "Here is the future of the church." I put this picture up because his talk from Conference was probably my favorite.  I thought it was very applicable to everyone, including me as a mother.  I think that I need to remember what is vital and important and not try to go faster than is needed.  I loved the quoted phrase - Simplicity is the greatest sophistication.  
I am always grateful for Conference weekend and the chance to renew my commitment to do better.  I have so many places to improve in my life, and conference helps me take those steps forward. 
I am grateful for the organization of the church and the way that it blessed our lives.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Great pic! :) Yeah, that was a good talk.