Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Oh Boy
I have been meaning to start Joy School with the boys for weeks now (we are a bit behind). I was hoping to do it with a neighbor near us, but never found anyone who has a child Ikaika's age who was interested. I finally buckled down and did it today. I told Kyle this evening how my kitchen floor screamed at me to be mopped instead, but I persisted and taught them. They loved it. Ikaika said to me afterward, "Mom, I love it when you teach me preschool." Sepa was a little crazy as any two-year-old would be, but he sat still for a solid 15 minutes when it was singing time. The curriculum does not have singing time for quite that long, he just kept saying, "Again, Mommy." So we did. The thing I like about just teaching my kids is not feeling the pressure to fill the time just right. We start when we want, do each activity as long as we want and enjoy time together. Here is a picture of them on the Joy School mat. It makes me laugh because it captures their personalities. Ikaika is the preschool king, raising his hand and paying attention while Sepa is just silly half the time. I love my boys.
Here's to joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww, this pic makes me miss them! Sepa is getting big! Isn't it nice to feel the accomplishment of teaching them something that day? Wish I could feel that way everyday.
Post a Comment