Friday, November 19, 2010
The Spirit of Halloween Lives On . . .
This year I convinced the boys to combine all their candy from Halloween into one big bucket. It was a good amount in the end. It has actually become quite the motivator since they are not allowed to have any until they earn it. Ikaika will ask, "Mom, how can I earn a piece of candy?" It has helped in getting simple things (like straigtening up or getting dressed) done. And only for a brief moment did I feel guilty that thay have to earn their candy twice (trick-or-treating and then with me). I think it is great that a few weeks later there are still many motivating rewards left to go. I like the fact that all that candy can be put to good use and eaten in moderation : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great idea! Kono and Kaipo didn't get very much candy (Kono never really has before since we just take him to a few houses). What we usually do is pass whatever he doesn't like or what I don't want him to have to the trick-or-treaters which helps to minimize it what little we do have.
Woops, minus the 'it' after minimize. I do notice that you always have a big bucket of candy in your pantry, which I do admire since you don't let your kids go crazy with it and it also helps with bribing for pictures. :)
Post a Comment