For some reason I feel like I can't do a post unless I have a picture to go along with it. I need to just write -
So this week we worked through our little family sickness. Kyle was the only one spared. Everyone handled it a little differently. Kekoa didn't slow down at all even though he coughed like crazy. Ikaika was extra cranky and clingy - which makes it so hard for me when two babies need to be held. Ikaika is not willing to share me at all when he wants to be held. There was a couple times when I switched back and forth between Sepa and Kaika, with whomever was left out screaming as if I had abandoned them. Those were moments of craziness, but luckily I am WAY past the first-time-mother tendency to feel like my child is going to die if they cry a little. Sepa, sadly, was also sick. I felt so sorry for him and strongly feel it should be against the laws of nature for infants to get sick. I also get sick, which made being a mom difficult. Thankfully, Kyle rescued me the day I was the worst, by staying home for the day and giving me and Sepa a priesthood blessing. We are all well on the road to full recovery and I pray nothing will hit us again this season.
So - looking at the "what can I learn" side of this week, I've decided that the good thing about going through it all has to do with my future perspective on having three kids. It will all seem a little easier. If I can handle three sick kids as well as myself, then three healthy kids is all that much less stressful.
I look forward to a new week with happy, healthy days.
m
1 comment:
I'm so sorry! I wish we were closer, I would've liked to have helped! Next time call, I could at least send over a pizza. What a terrible week!
Post a Comment