Saturday, May 17, 2008

Koa, Koa...

Kekoa has this terrible habit of just helping himself to everything in the kitchen. It is bad because he always ends up wasting food and making a mess. Once he got a brand new loaf bread out and spilled half of it on the floor to get one piece. It is very frustrating to me and I've scolded him a number of times, telling him he can't get anything unless he asks me for it first.
Well, this morning while I was changing Sepa's diaper (doesn't it sound like things always happen while I am changing his diaper??) Kekoa got out the lunch meat from the fridge. I found the whole thing out of the package on the table and our leftover, homemade tortillas from last night on the floor and in their bowls of cereal from earlier. I was so not happy and another round of scolding came and I told Kekoa if I found him doing it again I would take away the food and he would not get any of it at all. His answer was classic. "Sorry Mom, I am just trying to grow big."

2 comments:

Susie said...

Man! Shot down! They always turn our words around on us, don't they? Very, very cute. And frustrating!

Canadian Princess said...

Oh my heavens...That is too funny!!! He's sure a smart one!