Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lessons Learned

Yesterday I had a newborn session. My sister - who usually watches my boys - was out of town. I had one of my neighbors (a good friend) watch my boys. I was very grateful for her willingness to help me out. All went well. That evening I was feeding Sepa and as I usually do, I held his sweet hand and looked at his fingers. I always see his relatively long fingernails and think - I gatta cut those next time he's asleep. But this time I realized they were short. I thought - who cut his nails? I remembered that he was with my neighbor and knew she must have did it for me. I was grateful for thoughtfulness - many people can imagine how difficult it is for me to cut nails with one hand. But as I looked closer I saw that there were a couple places that were cut too short and I could only imagine the cry he must have gave. All my three boys have long nail beds - as I do, and I know that their nails cannot be cut past a certain point. I felt so bad for him. And just for the record I have no negative feelings for my neighbor - she was just trying to help. But I learned a good lesson - no one can take care of my children like I can. I know my little ones needs better than anyone and have a type of love and concern that no one can match. I have always been determined that I would not miss my children growing up - that is why I decided to be a stay-at-home mom. My photography business has gotten a little busy - and even with the limits I have set I feel like it is still a little too busy. So I am cutting back a little more - remembering that my family is number one.

1 comment:

Canadian Princess said...

Good point my dear...I enjoyed your post. I was so nervous cutting Jacob's nails the first time for fear I'd cut too short...