It has been a crazy last 5 days or so - preparing, enjoying and then recovering from the birthday party we threw for Kyle. His parents came into town and stayed with us. It was so fun for Grandma to finally meet her youngest grandchild, Sepa. Kekoa loved having his grandparents around. Mom was a great in helping me prepare all the food. I could not have done it myself.
The party was a great success and it was so wonderful seeing so many good friends. I did forget my silly camera, but some attendees took some shots for me and I'll post them when I get them.
I was quite flattered that so many people liked the teri-chicken and the guava cake. There was hardly a crumb left from the cake when we cleaned up. Along with the yummy food we had great entertainment from the musicians who play for Kyle's dance group. They are talented guys with the amazing voice of Junior Maile. My favorite part of the whole evening was when Kyle dedicated a song, "Love Me," to me and we got to dance together. Kekoa held on to my leg the whole time, but it was perfect anyway. My hope with the whole thing was that Kyle would feel how much we all love him. I love him most of all.
3 comments:
It was great to see you at the party! I felt bad we didn't get to say good by, but the kids were going crazy! Thanks for the invite, we need to get together again soon!
thanks for the guava cake recipe, can't wait to try it!
I'm sorry I missed the party...sounds like a great time for Kyle!
Post a Comment