Sunday, December 7, 2008

Growing

Today I received a new calling to be in the Relief Society Presidency - 2nd Counselor over Enrichment. Wow . . . I am a little scared - mainly for all the responsibility that is there and the time dedication it will take. But I am also willing. I know that I could use some growing and what better way to grow than through serving. I have really enjoyed being a part of this Native American Ward for the past year and a couple months and especially within the Relief Society. I attended that Visiting Teaching Conference a couple months ago and then the Christmas Dinner this past week and both times were great experiences for me. I got to know the sisters more as they shared their testimonies and grew in my love and compassion for them. I know there are so many with struggles and heartaches. I hope that I can be a servant to them.
Enrichment. I am so comfortable with the teaching side of RS, so this will help me to grow and develop. It'll be good. Of course I know the Lord will make me able and strengthen me.
~m

1 comment:

claire said...

You will be great, as you always are! I have't checked in with your blog in awhile, I'm so impressed! I love the new family pic, your boys all look very grown up since we last have seen them. And you look beautiful!!
A Native American ward, how fun! Is it in Provo? How'd that come about?