
We have had a wonderful time with Michele's family this Thanksgiving Holiday and I am looking forward to seeing my family in Los Angeles for the Christmas break. This past weekend, I had various opp0rtunities to reflect upon my many blessings. In the spirit of giving thanks this holiday season, I want to share the list of things I am most grateful for (in no particular order except for maybe the first four):
- The Atonement of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father's love.
- A patient and loving wife who sacrifices so much for our family. Michele is the most selfless person I know and happens to be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She is the spiritual pillar of our home. She is constantly supportive of my hectic schedule and constantly reminds me that she loves me. She has such a pure and clear understanding of the gospel and shares her testimony daily through her actions. I Love You Michele!!
- Three little super heroes who still get excited when daddy comes home. I know that won't be forever so I will enjoy it while it lasts. These boys are best friends who LOVE AND ADORE their mother. Batman, Superman and Hulk....Daddy loves you.
- Supportive family on both sides. I am so blessed to have such supportive parents and siblings who have always been good examples to me. I am equally blessed to have married into a family who love each other and sacrifice for one another all the time.
- A job I love. I cannot think of another job I rather have right now than working to help our youth go to college. I work specifically with our Multicultural youth and it is rewarding each day to see people make choices that improves their lives.
- A great ward. We attend the Franklin 2nd Ward (AKA the Native American Ward) and have enjoyed the family atmosphere from day one. I'm grateful to be serving with and learning from such great people.
- A home full of warmth. It is not a huge home but it keeps us warm in the winter and is filled with love. This is primarily due to Michele.
- A great education. I feel privileged to be studying at the University of Utah in the Education Leadership and Policy Program. The professors are brilliant, caring and inspiring to say the least.
- Culture. Whether we are participating in Polynesian dance or weaving a Navajo rug, it is important to Michele and I to preserve and appreciate culture. There are beautiful aspects of all cultures that should be embraced.
- Health. Aside from a cold here or there, our family has enjoyed a tremendous amount of good health (knock on wood). I am so grateful for the temporal blessings we have that lead to decent health (i.e. food, warmth, sleep, etc.).
- Good neighbors and friends. I love our neighborhood and the good people we have the fortune of associating with. Whether it's at church, work, school, through blogs or facebook, Michele and I are grateful to know such quality people.
- And finally....trials. Michele and I have faced our share of trials and looking back, I am amazed at the growth that has come from those difficult times. As a father, I see my children struggle with things only to grow from the experience.
4 comments:
Great post Kyle!
That is great! Thanks for sharing!
Nice post Kyle! I love the family picture too :)Such a beautiful family!!
Kyle your great! You have such a wonderful family.
Post a Comment