Uwe and I turned thirty today. Instead of a play-by-play, I'll just say I felt how much Kyle loves me and wanted this birthday to be wonderful. It was.Here's 30 random and not-so random things I've done so far in my life:
1. married the perfect guy (for me).
2. had three of the cutest kids ever.
3. graduated from BYU with a bachelors in Marriage, Family, and Human Development.
4. spent a year and a half at BYUH.
5. served a mission in Spokane Washington.
6. learned to tie my shoe, peel an orange, and put my hair in a pony tail with one hand.
7. visited Sydney Australia for a week and a half.
8. began a Masters program.
9. quit a Masters program after having my first child.
10. learned to weave a Navajo rug.
11. read the Book of Mormon several times (once in one sitting).
12. kissed the love of my life on top of the Empire State building.
13. attended 3 temple dedications.
14. taught early morning seminary.
15. crocheted an afghan for my grandmother.
16. learned photography enough to start a small business.
17. performed my first and last hula for a crowd of 100+ people.
18. attended a sealing of a sister I taught on my mission.
19. discovered/learned the joy of washing dishes.
20. changed at least 8,000 diapers (if not more).
21. kissed my babies at least a million times.
22. rode in a helicopter (would rather have not).
23. prepared temple names for my maternal grandparents.
24. received my patriarchal blessing.
25. planted a tree.
26. was president of the LDS sorority, Lambda Delta Sigma.
27. lead the music in sacrament meeting for our small branch for 4 years.
28. taught at the MTC for a year and a half.
29. donated my hair to Locks of Love.
30. started a family blog.
PS. My favorite thought for today was: 30 is the new 20.
5 comments:
You are so great. I love finding out those things about you. I didn't know you served a mission in Washington--my brother and his wife live in Pullman now and you are probably one of the few who know where that is! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great one!
Happy Belated Birthday Michele and Uwe!
You've accomplished a lot even a whole lot more than you've listed. :)
Fun post Michele! I'm way impressed about #11. And happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment