Monday, September 28, 2009

Candy Apples





Tonight for the family home evening treat I made the boys candy apples. Kekoa was introduced to candy apples on a TV show and decided he wanted to try it himself. I think some things just need to be experienced by a child, so I planned it for a treat. The boys thought it was the coolest thing, even though they couldn't crack through it until I cut it with a knife.

There was a funny conversation that happened as they were eating. Here's about how it went:

Ikaika: This candy apple is so hard it is going to break my teeth.
Kekoa: Well, Kaika, if your teeth falls out, you can put it under your pillow and the tooth fairy will leave you a present.
Ikaika: Yeah, the tooth fairy is going to leave a mustang under my pillow.

The mustang Ikaika is talking about is a motorized child car he's been coveting for a long time. Though not the real mustang car, it is still a pretty lofty gift for a three year old. Come on tooth fairy.
Anyway, though sticky, messy and hard, the candy apples were fun and enjoyable for the boys.
I'll have to say though that I have no intention of making them again anytime soon.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Such a funny conversation! Hahahaha!! :) Yeah, I made candy apples before and it was like that too. Disappointing when it looks so yummy. And never do the package caramel one either, it's the same.