As any person with young kids will know, doing family scripture study is sometimes a challenge. We just memorized scriptures for a while, but I didn't feel like the boys were really getting a feel for the stories of the scriptures and the power of their examples. The solution? This.
The gospel art book. I am so excited the church decided to bind it because it makes using it so much easier. I bought the big blue box of pictures from the old version even before I was married. But using it was hard and I was always worried about the pictures getting mixed up. This new book is so much better. We just keep it by the boys bed and when it is bedtime we turn to the next page and I tell them the story of the scriptures in words they can understand. We ask questions and the boys love it. The often want to do "just one more" because they love it so much. The boys are beginning to appreciate and become familiar with the scriptures and I feel like I am doing my job as a mother to teach them. It is a perfect way to end the day.
3 comments:
That's so good and nice. I was bummed when I bought the older kit because very soon after I did, the art book came out. And the book is way cheaper than the kit. I didn't have my receipt anymore even though it was still unused. I don't use it as often as I should since I don't want it to get mixed up or bent.
Anyway, that's a good idea, I should get one and do that with Kono too.
Love the idea...I'll have to get one of those for sure.
Great idea!! I've been using this book for Singing Time. Whenever we have a few extra minutes I let a child pick their favorite number between 1 and 134 (or however many pages it is). We find the picture, tell the story, and pick a song to match.
I've been using the new Nursery manual (Behold Your Little Ones) for FHE's too.
Post a Comment