During the next block of Sunday school she took two more while holding onto a baggie full of pretzels. After class was over, I told my brother (who is one of Ka'imi's biggest fans) about it. We got her to take three more during the transition to the next block of meetings. So it's official, she took her first steps. All she needs is the confidence and she'll enter the exciting new world of walking. She is just like Ikaika was - if she has something in her hand that gives her a sense of security, she'll take the steps. I still have the memory of Ikaika clutching a shell necklace as he took his first steps. It's so funny and cute at the same time.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Her first 8 steps
Today, Ka'imi took her first steps! It happened at church, so I don't have any pictures to go with it. Funny enough she did her first three steps in the mother's room. So, no one but me saw her. She was busy playing with her headband as I was getting the diaper bag together and just shuffled forward. It was so cute.
During the next block of Sunday school she took two more while holding onto a baggie full of pretzels. After class was over, I told my brother (who is one of Ka'imi's biggest fans) about it. We got her to take three more during the transition to the next block of meetings. So it's official, she took her first steps. All she needs is the confidence and she'll enter the exciting new world of walking. She is just like Ikaika was - if she has something in her hand that gives her a sense of security, she'll take the steps. I still have the memory of Ikaika clutching a shell necklace as he took his first steps. It's so funny and cute at the same time.
During the next block of Sunday school she took two more while holding onto a baggie full of pretzels. After class was over, I told my brother (who is one of Ka'imi's biggest fans) about it. We got her to take three more during the transition to the next block of meetings. So it's official, she took her first steps. All she needs is the confidence and she'll enter the exciting new world of walking. She is just like Ikaika was - if she has something in her hand that gives her a sense of security, she'll take the steps. I still have the memory of Ikaika clutching a shell necklace as he took his first steps. It's so funny and cute at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray for your first steps Ka'imi...it's just so cute watching them isn't it. That's interesting about having something in the hand bc it seems eliana is off balance if she has anything in hers. We were excited bc eliana took 8 steps tonight which is double the most she's done! I just love it.
Btw the singing pow wow song pics were too cute.
Cute, cute, cute! :)
Post a Comment