Saturday, April 30, 2011

Marry Me


Yesterday, I watched on TV the royal wedding of Kate and William.  I actually didn't really know much about it at all until a couple days ago (not much into the news, I guess).  But I did enjoy watching the event.  It was interesting to follow along and by the end of the day I was caught up in the magic of it all.  The last dateline report I watched ended with a recap of the day to the music of Train in Marry Me.  I loved it.  I loved it all because it really reminded me of how much I love my prince charming and how happy I am to be married to him.  I looked up the song - never heard it before.  Here are the words:

Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way
Marry Me
Today and every day
Marry Me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Together can never be close enough for me
Feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful
Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Promise me
You'll always be
Happy by my side
I promise to
Sing to you
When all the music dies

And marry me
Today and everyday
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will

Marry me
Mm-hmm 


Sadly, the line, "If I ever get the nerve to say 'hello' in this cafe" kinda killed the whole song for me - I was imagining it coming from a guy who smitten by the girl he'd come to love and not just a first meeting thing.  Oh well.  If I take that line out - I think it is perfect for renewing love even years after beginning life together as husband and wife.  My favorite line is "You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you and you're beautiful."  There is not a day that goes by that Kyle does not tell me those two things.  It is such a sweet line, it makes me smile :)
I really enjoyed being a part of the royal wedding in that spectator kind of way.  It reminded me of my blessings and made me fall in love with my sweetheart, Kyle, again : ) And though we may not be royalty, we sure are in the middle of happily ever after . . .

No comments: