Since this is suppose to be a journal more than anything, I wanted to take the time to reflect on what I got from conference...
Listening to conference is a whole lot different with kids than when I was single. I use to be a diligent note-taker and now I am lucky if I can give my full attention to the speaker. It is nice when the little munchkins fall asleep for naps and I can enjoy without interruption. So far the most meaningful talk for me was the first talk given by Elder Nelson. I really appreciated his words on parenting and the reminder of the important role we take as parents. Lately, I have felt like I have been struggling a little with knowing how to best discipline Kekoa. I love the scripture he shared in D&C 121:41 - 44.
No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile - Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy; That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.
I am going to write it out and tape it up where I feed Sepa so that I can work on memorizing it. It will be great for me to repeat the words - persuasion, gentleness, and long-suffering when Kekoa pushes my limits of patience. I know I have much room for improvement, but I hope my sincere and deep love for each of my boys counts for something.
It was a sweet experience to be a part of the solemn assembly. I only wished I was dressed for church rather than just in my pj's. Actually, I couldn't even stand because I was feeding baby Sepa. I thought - well, at least I'll remember this moment. It was the first time I have ever sustained a new prophet in that way. I am grateful for the consistency and order of the organization of the church. Someone pointed out that there is a stark contrast to the way the new president of the church was chosen and the way our nation is choosing a new president. One is without question, confusion and competition and the other is. How that is a testimony to me that this is His church. Now, I am seeking to having my testimony strengthened in knowing that President Monson is who the Lord needs at this time. I don't doubt, I just see it as an opportunity to receive an answer for myself.
I look forward to continuing to hear from the general authorities as we continue tomorrow : )
PS. Between Conference I saw this great advertisement for a CD remembering President Hinckley. The thing I like about it is that all proceeds go to the Perpetual Education Fund. Here is the link - http://www.yourldsneighborhood.com
m
Listening to conference is a whole lot different with kids than when I was single. I use to be a diligent note-taker and now I am lucky if I can give my full attention to the speaker. It is nice when the little munchkins fall asleep for naps and I can enjoy without interruption. So far the most meaningful talk for me was the first talk given by Elder Nelson. I really appreciated his words on parenting and the reminder of the important role we take as parents. Lately, I have felt like I have been struggling a little with knowing how to best discipline Kekoa. I love the scripture he shared in D&C 121:41 - 44.
No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile - Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy; That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.
I am going to write it out and tape it up where I feed Sepa so that I can work on memorizing it. It will be great for me to repeat the words - persuasion, gentleness, and long-suffering when Kekoa pushes my limits of patience. I know I have much room for improvement, but I hope my sincere and deep love for each of my boys counts for something.
It was a sweet experience to be a part of the solemn assembly. I only wished I was dressed for church rather than just in my pj's. Actually, I couldn't even stand because I was feeding baby Sepa. I thought - well, at least I'll remember this moment. It was the first time I have ever sustained a new prophet in that way. I am grateful for the consistency and order of the organization of the church. Someone pointed out that there is a stark contrast to the way the new president of the church was chosen and the way our nation is choosing a new president. One is without question, confusion and competition and the other is. How that is a testimony to me that this is His church. Now, I am seeking to having my testimony strengthened in knowing that President Monson is who the Lord needs at this time. I don't doubt, I just see it as an opportunity to receive an answer for myself.
I look forward to continuing to hear from the general authorities as we continue tomorrow : )
PS. Between Conference I saw this great advertisement for a CD remembering President Hinckley. The thing I like about it is that all proceeds go to the Perpetual Education Fund. Here is the link - http://www.yourldsneighborhood.com
m
No comments:
Post a Comment