I love General Conference weekends. And not just because Kyle has no meetings and I don't have to wrestle three boys to get ready while trying to get ready myself. More so I love the spiritual upliftment I feel after every session. It was so nice to spend two whole days just listening to good things and not worrying about what is going on in the world with elections, the suffering economy or any other worldly ill. I love the rejuvenation & peace I feel.
One of my favorite talks was President Monson's on change and gratitude. I about laughed out loud when he talked about the home with toys all over the place and a never ending pile of laundry. Either he could see straight into my home or I am very much like other families with young kids. I appreciated the reminder to cherish them before they are grown. I want to take even more care to be grateful for the marks of childhood that fill my home. I love each of my boys so very much. How grateful I am for eternal families.
Another of my favorites was Elder Bednar's talk on prayer. I have many times felt that I could improve in the quality and sincerity of my prayers. The part that really taught me was when Elder Bednar pointed out there was a connection between our morning and evening prayers and all the prayers in between. He did not mention it, but I thought of the way in which communication plays a role in the development of any relationship. If my conversations with Kyle were disconnected, hurried, and repetitive our relationship would be lacking indeed. Thus the same is true of my relationship with my Heavenly Father. It is something I want to work hard on improving.
There were many other favorites including President Eyring, Elder Holland and President Uchtdorf and I look forward to studying them further when the Ensign comes (another goal of improvement I have).
~m
4 comments:
Michele,
You're not alone about thinking the prophet was looking straight into your house! I think I'd bet on your latter option: that you're just like other mom's with small children. :) I agree it was a very inspiring conference. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
That was my favorites too.
It really was a great conference. I too enjoyed David A. Bednar's talk, it was one of my favorites.
Hey Reyes family, I just found your blog through my bro Chris welch... First off, wow, michele you have a real talent in photography! Incredible pics! And your boys are so cute! I think the last time we saw you was at Oli's wedding right? Wow, I'm excited to read your blog!
Post a Comment