I had a wonderful Mother's Day. It was sweet with the thoughtfulness of Kyle and the boys. I had meals prepared, cute cards, a darling home video I'll treasure for always, pink roses, and lots of " I-love-yous." I also had a chance to think about a few things. I thought about those who make Mother's Day so meaningful to me.
First and foremost is my own mom. I am so grateful for her love, sacrifice and great example to me. It is true that you never really realize all your mom has done for you until you become a parent yourself.
I also thought of my wonderful husband. I could not be the mother I want to be without him. His support, love and faith buoy me up in my efforts to be the best mom I can be. I love you, Sweetheart.
I thought about my sweet boys and the privilege of being their mother. I love them each so dearly. It is so fun to watch them grow and see the part they play in being a part of our family.
And last, but absolutely not least, I thought about the Savior as I partook of the sacrament today. I thought of how limited and meaningless my role as a mother would be if it were not for His atonement and gift of the resurrection. The doctrine of eternal families was especially meaningful to me today.
I love being a Mother.
PS. Funny way to end the day . . . Kekoa asked, "Mom, when is Happy Kid's Day?"
Everyday, Honey, everyday.
Here are the pictures the boys gave to me:


2 comments:
that's a darling pic! glad you had a great mumma's day!
Cute picture! I like the boys' are work too.
Post a Comment