Sunday, June 15, 2008

More Birthday Pictures

Here are a few more pictures from Ikaika's birthday party. His birthday fell on a Thursday and we decided to celebrate it on that day (partly because of an extended family wedding happening on the weekend). But I really enjoyed focusing the whole day on Kaika.


This is a favorite picture of mine because I know he was helping us sing his birthday song. He is singing the word "to." I can just hear his little voice, "Happy Birthday to you." We practiced the whole week before so that he could blow out his candle just right - too bad it was initially blown out by his excited cousin. But he did get to blow it out after another try.

We had a monkey theme for him. All I found at the party store was Curious George, but it worked. I love the way Ikaika makes the sound of a monkey - ooohh, eee, aahh ahhh. It is my favorite animals sound of his.

The challenge of the day was to keep his older brother from overtaking everything - the balloons, the presents, etc. Here you can see Kekoa checking out the new stuff.


I decided to make Ikaika's cake this year. It was a rushed day and this was the best I could dish out for him. He liked it.

I love celebrating my little one's birthdays as I remember the day they were born. I remember the first nights holding him close in the hospital room. I can hardly believe it has already been two years. He is such a cutie pie. How I love being Ikaika's mommy.

No comments: