This weekend has been Stake Conference for us. I had a chance to attend the adult session on Saturday. It was so good - I was glad I was able to go.
The messages were centered around the Plan of Salvation. I love simplistic and fundamental topics like that. One sister spoke of her individual role in the Plan of Salvation. She compared it to a relay race and each of us doing our part. I thought of the relay race analogy in terms of generations. My dear mother was the gospel pioneer in our family and because of her faithfulness three of her daughters have been married in the temple. I think of my sweet children and how much the Lord entrusts me to teach them. I must not drop the baton and be ever so careful and sure to pass it on.
The stake president talked about tests and trials of life. He had a brother share his testimony and their experience of losing their child. He urged everyone to enjoy and treasure each day.
I came home and held my boys as they fell asleep. We had or nightly song, prayer and scripture. I offered the prayer. It was the most sincere prayer of thanks for a day we had to spend together.
The boys and I miss Kyle so much. We count the hours until he is at home safe with us. I tell him all the time that life is just better with him around. I also thought of my extended family who live so far away. I am always so happy to hear they are coming to town so that we can be together. Though I still miss my extended family, I must not forget what I have right in front of me. What a blessing it is to be with my children all the time. I love being with them.
1 comment:
I know what you mean about life being easier with your hubby around...Chris is at drill this weekend and I just hate not being able to have him here with us!
Post a Comment